Young Girl Big City

My photo
I am an 18 year old girl growing up in the city of London.

Saturday 27 August 2011

The Dreaded Personal Statement

I don't know what it is about the personal statement bit of the C.V. but there is so much emphasis put on it "if you don't get the personal statement right then your c.v. could just be chucked in the bin!" I use to say doing a personal statement can't be that hard, oh how wrong I could be!!

Yesterday I sat in my living room staring at my laptop screen the whole c.v. completed but one section the personal statement. You see in films where they start a sentence and then delete it, or scrunch up the paper .. yep that was me for a good hour and a half restarting sentences and staring at a blank screen thinking what to write. In the end I closed it down saved what I had done and vowed to come back to it tomorrow.

But what is it about the personal statement that lots of people struggle with is it how to word it? is it that people don't like boasting or bragging?  Let me know what you think!

-A
   xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment